At our February Leader’s Connect CEO Breakfast Ida Abdalkhani spoke about Discovering and Living Your Passion & Purpose. The event was sold out and we had a packed house as many came out to learn and share their own experiences finding passion and purpose.
1. Moving from “doing” to “believing”
If we live out our beliefs vs simply doing, we will feel more purposeful.
2. Understanding Me + We
Passion is about you, while purpose is about you + others.
3. Understanding where you are in the 4’s and action planning against them
This represented Ida’s ideas, and graphical depiction, on gaining awareness of one’s passions and purposes by identifying Struggle, Survival, Success, and Significance.
The audience was incredibly engaged and asked great questions during the event. Here is some feedback from the event:
· lda brought fresh, inspired energy to what I often believe are over-used terms; passion and purpose. Although years of life separate us, I could relate to [Ida’s] story of transition to current purpose. I plan to use her approach to move beyond prevention to formation as “rewire” for the next chapter of my personal and professional life. It was important to be reminded that it is possible to step forward out of passion without knowing the destination.
· The statement from this morning’s exercise ‘I’m naturally good at connecting with people’ supported me and gave me belief and courage throughout that uncertain time…their affirmations and support were oxygen for me.
· Taking a page out of what I learned today…I would regret not saying thank you to [Ida] because people need to be truly appreciated for the gifts they offer the world. I think gratitude matters because every day is a gift and I should be thankful for each day and for each person who I encounter in whatever way that I can because everyone deserves to be appreciated.
If you’d like to see the “4 S’s” passion and purpose chart Ida created and learn more about how to discover your passion and purpose, click on the YouTube video link below: