– Supporting my friends in the development of their books. I would like to shine a light on new publications that were launched recently. One is by Karan Higdon Jr., The Flower That Won’t Stop Growing. Karan is a University of Michigan grad and a Wolverine football running back. He was one of my very best students. One of his dreams was to write books.
My friends Michael Samuelson is almost finished with his photography book, Iconic Ann Arbor. I will keep you informed on when this will be published.
Both of these books will make amazing holiday gifts.
– Reconnecting with old friends. Last week, I caught up with a special friend of mine Vernee Watson-Johnson. Vernee is a well-known actress, most notably for her roles on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air where she was Will Smith’s mother, Viola “Vy” Smith, and Get Back Kotter. Vernee, my wife Pat, and I were all actors in a theatre group, called the Al Fann Theatrical Ensemble. You have probably seen Vernee in many tv shows and commercials.
Here is a clip from a documentary made about Vernee: You Look Familiar: Vernee Watson Story
– Volume 2 of Conversations with My Old Dog. I am working on a revision of my book, Conversations with My Old Dog. I know many of you have read this book. If you would like to read the revision, contact me and I will let you know when it is available.
– Leaders Connect Events 2022 – 2023 Schedule:
- December: Danny Ellis on the success of the startup, SkySpecs
- January: The Future of the Workplace with Office Evolution and The Surnow Company
- February: Susan Ashford presents her book, The Power of Flexing
- March: Ari Zingerman on The Story of Visioning at Zingerman’s: Four Visions, Forty Years, and a Positive Look Towards the Future
- April: Cyber Security with David Behan, Bhushan Kulkarni, and Governor Rick Snyder of SensCy
- May: Biotech in Ann Arbor with Mike Klein from Genomenon and Anna Schwendeman and Bill Brinkerhoff from EVOQ Therapeutics
- June: Robin Webber and Kim Stricter on Women Entrepreneurs
- September: Understanding Fintech with Phil Lynch