Last week we had the privilege to hear from several individuals who are self-employed entrepreneurs. Lead by Steve Angerman, Ivy Lewis and I we learned about:
- What it is like to be self-employed.
- How to decide whether self-employment is the right path for you
- How to get started
- How to achieve and sustain success
To view the full video, click HERE.
We decided to start a special group for entrepreneurs in Leaders Connect. If you would like to be a charter member of Entrepreneurs Connect, please send me a message at email@example.com.
Tips for Self-Employment
- Find your own support network, both inside and outside of your industry.
- Discover your special talent that you can enjoy by being self-employed.
- Discover the specific motivation that will sustain you. Three common ones are impact, freedom, and wealth.
- Make your business unique and find a way to set yourself apart from others.
- Consistency is key, but always be ready to flex.
- Be flexible and adjust to the current environment.
- You have to be the manager, the doer, and the sales person all at once.
- It is important to market/endorse yourself and your business.
- Expand your network and don’t be afraid to ask help from others.
- Remember you are always selling a solution to someone’s pain.
- Learn to make fear a positive motivation.
- Remember in the Chinese language “Crisis” means “danger” + “opportunity”