I’d like to invite everyone to join us this Thursday, August 23rd from 5 to 7 PM at Morgan and York, as we hear about many of the great things that are happening in the Ann Arbor area now.
We will be celebrating, sharing, updating, asking for help, and supporting a great cause. It will be a cash coffee and beer and wine bar.
What are we celebrating?
- The end of an absolutely beautiful summer in Michigan.
- Big business successes, including the sale of Duo for a very healthy sum, and the news that they will be staying in Ann Arbor.
- Morgan and York finally getting their liquor license so we can drink beer and wine along with their fine food.
- The completion of the remodeling of Zingerman’s Coffee South and the opening of Zingermans Candy Manufacturing Company (which I can’t help but referring to as Charlie’s Chocolate Shop in honor of its owner, Charlie Frank).
- Several new restaurants, bars, and retail stores opening in Ann Arbor
- The relaunch of the refurbished Michigan Theater and State Theater
- Many members of the Leaders Connect community moving into new positions of leadership.
- The launch of Brad Heureux’s new company, Zing Media, and their first podcast with Jim Brandstatter.
- The launch of Rob Pasick’s new podcast, which will be starting in September
- Tom Meloche and Helene Gidley’s launch of their new Agility workshops
- Upcoming Leaders Connect Breakfast series: Everything You Want to Know About Emergency Medicine: An Opportunity to Ask; the return of Thomas Zurbuchen and the New Leadership Model in the Military.
- UM sports: looking forward to an amazing football season where we face at least five top teams, and the opening of the huge new sports complex on South State Street.
What will we be sharing ?
- Updates on your company’s successes
- New community offerings in the arts, business, sports, education, etc.
- Stories about your summer vacations
- Announcements from those offering and those seeking new jobs
- New workshops launched by Pasick Consultation and Coaching: half day workshop on Oct 24th, Finding Your Career Sweet Spot
- Memories of those who passed this summer, including my friends Larry Sperling and Susan Morales.
What will we be supporting?
- The success of the camp North Star Reach. Ten years ago Doug Armstrong, a nurse at the University of Michigan had a vision to start a camp for seriously ill children. In three years it has gone from serving 100 children and their families to this year when 1000 families and children attended the beautiful new camp north of Ann Arbor. All profits from Thursday’s event will go to support the camp.
Hope you all can join us and share in your joy, needs, and efforts. To sign up click on this link. Please respond to this email by sharing other things we will be celebrating and share with our community this year.