I have been proud to be a clinical psychologist since I received my degree from Harvard in 1975. I have worked with families and couples, and I specialize in working with men in therapy. I consider myself a non-traditional pioneer in the field as I have never embraced a psychoanalytical approach to therapy. Rather, I focus on direct and brief ways to help people change their behavior.
My approach draws upon emotional intelligence, family of origin, addiction, cognitive behavioral therapy, and gender studies.
I believe in seeing my clients not only in one-to-one situations, but also in family systems and in group therapy.
Clinical psychology services
- Psychological assessments
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Treatment for anxiety and depression
- Treatment for addictions
- Specialty of working with men
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
Notable achievements as a clinical psychologist
- I have authored three books on men and therapy: Men in Therapy, Awakening from a Deep Sleep, and What Every Man Needs to Know.
- As a dog lover, I have authored two books about pets in the family: Conversations with My Old Dog and Pet Loss: A Death in the Family
- I have been honored to be a guest on several TV shows, including “Oprah.”
- My work has enabled me to be a workshop presenter and keynote speaker several times at various psychology conferences, including The Psychotherapy Networker Conference.